Amy MatthewsAmy has been teaching movement since 1994. She is a Certified Laban Movement Analyst, a Body-Mind Centering® Teacher, an Infant Developmental Movement Educator, and a movement therapist and yoga teacher.
● Amy works with both infants and adults, individually and in groups, privately and at Babies Project in NYC, which she co-directs with Sarah Barnaby.
● Amy co-taught with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen in Berkeley, CA for five years and was on the faculty of the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies for ten years. She has taught embodied anatomy and movement workshops for programs in the USA and internationally, and is a Program Director for the School of Body-Mind Centering.
Things you may not know about her:
● Amy's undergraduate degree is a double major in Philosophy and Theater.
● Amy never aspired to live in NYC - she moved there in 1997, planning to study
for one year, and she's been there ever since.
● Some of her favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, oysters, and escargot. Her
drink of choice is gin.
● She chose her high school because it allowed her to take dance classes instead
● She has two spiral tattoos - one on her back, and one on her forearm. People
know her for years before they notice the one on her arm.